On the back of the New Yorker...


this was a rush doodle done on the back of the New Yorker renew your subscription envelope. while my son was using the toilet and subsequently when he was having his teeth brushed by his mother, i was doodling away on the envelope... feeling really darn close to the New Yorker. what i did not see coming was Jonas (my son) reaction when he saw the drawing. first joy, then a confused look and the little question: why are they taking a bath when I'm not having a bath tonight? (he skipped his bath tonight on the account of looking more clean than usual). I quickly saved the situation explaining that the two characters in the tub had stepped in some very large and very gross pile of poop made by a space alien with 70 arms (70 is his favourite number right now). a this time he was laughing, I was feeling home safe and then my wife gave my the "way to go Pete! teach our 4 year old every nasty word you can think of"... leaving me only with the feeling of being close to the New Yorker's subscription address. (I'm hoping for a Candy Man effect here, I mentioned the New Yorker 3 times which should make them.. oh crap I mentioned them 4 times... never mind).