Croc


About two weeks ago I was commissioned to do a full page illustration for a small Danish magazine. My plate was already pretty full, but I don't really like saying no. Two or three days later, my wife's grandmother dies. She was 89 and had lived her life to the fullest. Leaving many loving grandchildren and great grandchildren behind. the funeral was the day before the deadline, leaving me one day short to do the same amount of work. Work that seemed a bit irrelevant at this time. 4 assignments got done on time... and this one had slipped my mind with all the stuff going on... so an hour before before deadline I started this sketchy piece, added some colors to make it look a bit more finished and turned it in on time.
My wife's grandmother always said, the best way to avoid too much work is to do it right the first time.